Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Benefits and apprenticeship

(3 Posts)
heartbreak123 Fri 20-Jan-17 04:33:21

Ok so last year my husband walked out with ow and I have been coping on my own with the children since. My eldest son has just been offered a 3 year apprenticeship which he will be paid apprenticeship wage for. My question is I currently receive working and child tax credits but will this stop for him? Obviously he still needs to live at home because the pay is awful and will not be able to contribute much but will that mean I will need to take on yet more work to cover the tax credit loss or will it be classed as education still?
Hoping somebody can help as this whole situation is new to me anyway and I don't know much about the benefit system.

kayleighnotts Fri 20-Jan-17 10:18:11

contact tax credits

Snowflake65 Fri 20-Jan-17 14:39:24

Child tax credits will stop for him, but not for other children IIRC. Depending on your income you may still get Working Tax Credits

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now