Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Household income of £36pa and 3 children - any help with childcare costs?

(7 Posts)
RapidlyOscillating Thu 19-Jan-17 10:13:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

catwoman0815 Thu 19-Jan-17 17:11:51

I find that this calculator is generally spot on:

depends also how much you pay in childcare. are you a LP or are your DP and you both working.

If, e.g. only one of you is working and they other a SAHP but you still would want help with childcare, then you would not qualify. I think you both need to work also 16h+ to qualify but I could be wrong.

catwoman0815 Thu 19-Jan-17 17:17:20

the table in your link also only refers to the total amount in TC you could get. It doesn't say you will get this as childcare element on top of WTC or Child tax credit.

RapidlyOscillating Fri 20-Jan-17 01:57:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RapidlyOscillating Fri 20-Jan-17 01:58:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Manumission Fri 20-Jan-17 02:28:37

Yes exactly that. There will be nothing in your award but childcare element, effectively, and it will amount to slightly less than the full 70% because of the taper but it looks right.

RapidlyOscillating Fri 20-Jan-17 07:26:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: