Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

claiming back bank charges HELP!!!!

(8 Posts)
misdee Fri 23-Feb-07 18:58:49

just doing my letters tonight, who do i send them to?

for lloydstsb and abbey. do i address them to bank managers, branch managers, someone higher? who?

and how do i find out what address to send them to.

bailey10 Fri 23-Feb-07 19:11:53

Hi, just sent letter to Halifax myself for same reason, found this website really helpful (www.moneysavingexpert.com) and it shows addresses for all banks to send to. Hope this helps

misdee Fri 23-Feb-07 19:17:04

i get really confused on that site

bailey10 Fri 23-Feb-07 19:31:49

Sorry!! Guess it is a bit confusing but helpful when you figure it! Found addresses for you to Lloyds and Abbey:
Abbey;
Data Protection Manager
Data Protection Team
Regulatory Compliance
Abbey House
201 Graftons Gate East
Milton Keynes
MK9 1AN

Lloyds Bank;
Penny Berryman
Senior Manager
Data Protection Dept.
Lloyds TSB Bank PLC
The Pentagon
48, Chiswell Street
London
EC1Y 4XX

misdee Fri 23-Feb-07 19:37:44

thank you.

archiesmummy Fri 23-Feb-07 21:42:40

Sorry to hijack this thread.

I'm also doing my letters. I've got all my Lloyds statements but not all for my old (Lloyds) credit card. Do I send that to Lloyds address as well.

Also do I do 2 letters for the 2 different accounts? [confused emoticon]

ravenAK Fri 23-Feb-07 21:44:25

I sent letters to Manager of our branch of LloydsTSB. They're familiar with the sight of them by now!

(They settled - just short of £1000).

Flumpybumpy Fri 23-Feb-07 21:45:33

Good luck misdee, I claimed back charges from Barclays and they gave me back every penny I asked for (£660) after the second letter, I hope it works out for you!!!

FB x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now