Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Universal credit help

(5 Posts)
Lau121 Sun 15-Jan-17 11:54:22

Hi, I currently work part time and my toddler goes to nursery he loves going and has came on loads I get help towards the fees as I'm a single parent, I'm pregnant so due to go on mat leave in a few months will i have to take my toddler out of nursery or will I still get some help towards the fees so I don't have to mess up his routine? Any advice would be great thanks

Rockchick1984 Sun 15-Jan-17 23:14:59

Is it working tax credits that are paying the fees, or is he getting the 2 year / 3 year funding?

Lau121 Mon 16-Jan-17 12:56:38

I dont get tax credits I get universal credit so all payments are in with that, he doesn't get the grant he's only 18 months. Universal credit is new an will be taking over everything soon so there's not much information about it yet like on the Internet ect

Rockchick1984 Mon 16-Jan-17 13:25:49

As it's universal credit it works the same way as working tax credits - you can continue to claim for 39 weeks of mat leave but if you choose to take the 13 weeks unpaid to take you up to a full year off, you can't claim for childcare costs during the unpaid time. Hope that helps smile

Lau121 Mon 16-Jan-17 14:04:33

That's great thank you for your help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now