Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

www.unfairbankcharge.co.uk - is it legit???

(10 Posts)
faeriemum Thu 22-Feb-07 19:03:18

filled in the details, got a call just now....sounds very convincing but worried its all a con, they take 25% if i win claim..no win no fee....
or does a letter to the bank just do the job?

totaleclipse Thu 22-Feb-07 19:05:01

erm, did you give bank details, address, DOB ETC?

faeriemum Thu 22-Feb-07 19:06:04

no bank account details,just my address and d.o.b

Busybean Thu 22-Feb-07 23:02:26

Its disgraceful really, its quite easy to do this on your own back, 25% is taking the piss a little methinks moneygrabbing swines. They may well be legit, but theyre still taking the piss offering this service when its really not that hard to do yourself.

Aero Thu 22-Feb-07 23:05:19

You should be able to do this yourself fm. Take a look at the moneysavingexpert website. (Am I allowed to mention that?) There are draft letters which you can download. I'm sure they're posted on MN somewhere too.

NorksBride Fri 23-Feb-07 03:26:44

Oh good! Iff to look at money expert site. Having clawed £6000 back from Inland Revenue tonight, I'm on a roll. The Woolwich has charged me £1800 in the last 5 years.

ravenAK Fri 23-Feb-07 21:45:36

Or Consumer Action Group. You DEFINITELY don't need to pay anyone 25%! Cheeky chancers.

ManchesterMum Fri 23-Feb-07 21:47:32

I'm planning to use the draft letters on the moneysavingexpert website myself but believe that which? also supply them too.

ManchesterMum Fri 23-Feb-07 21:48:21

Meant to say DON'T use anyone who's trying to cream 25% off of the top when it appears that you can do it quite easily for yourself.

airy Fri 23-Feb-07 21:50:30

Do it yourself, it's easy enough if you use mse and bankactiongroup.
I did it last year and got almost £2k back from lloyds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now