Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

God i'm getting so envious of my dp now and its driving me insane!!

(4 Posts)
juicychops Thu 22-Feb-07 16:22:05

me and dp have been together just over a year. He gives me £50 towards bills per month to help as he stays at mine a few nights per week. I dont ask for anything else although if we get take aways or the rare occassions we get the opportunity to go out, he pays for everything.

He has 3 boys who get spoilt rotten. Its his money so he can spend it on what he likes.

But i have NOTHING to myself after ive paid bills and monthly outgoings and i am getting so so jealous it is really driving me crazy.

He rang me up earlier just to tell me them Wii things have gone down to £200 so he's going to get his boys one.

Its horrible feeling like this. I struggle to afford anything nice and its not fair. Im going to hopefully working soon but i still wont be any better off. Its just to allow ds to go nursery a couple of days per week.

Im doing my driving test in a few weeks which was a struggle to afford and ive just about been able to pay for the lessons. Im in £1000 debt with no hope of paying it back yet and im just stuck in a big fat rubbish rut.

dp is 10 years older than me so i have 10 years to catch up but its not the point. I want to be able to afford to get through each day without a huge struggle

Does anyone else feel like this?

juicychops Thu 22-Feb-07 17:16:29

i guess not then

Eddas Fri 23-Feb-07 17:38:00

Think you may have posted this in the wrong place hence no replies

Don't blame you for being a bit upset but like you say he's older etc and it will get better for you in the end. Just maybe doesn't feel like it now.
BTW we too struggle and i feel like we can't afford anything but am trying to keep the 'we'll be ok in the long run' attitude. Once dc's are at full time school(still pg at the moment so will be a few years ) i can work more, not pay child care and we'll be better off.

brandy7 Fri 23-Feb-07 19:15:30

juicychops, copy and paste it and put it in relationships or chat

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now