Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Selling a diamond earring

(3 Posts)
GettingThereSlowly01 Tue 10-Jan-17 17:09:03

I have a solitary diamond earring which I'd like to sell- I've lost one and I'm not attached to the diamond at all as it was a present from an ex. It's small - 0.3 of a carat I think, not certified and set in 9 carat gold.

I'm not expecting much for it but seeing as it's just sitting in my jewellery box it may as well go.

So does anyone know the best way of selling it? I can get to Birmingham jewellery quarter pretty easily.

TIA

ellesbellesxxx Sat 14-Jan-17 11:08:43

If you look on moneysavingexpert I think there is a section there on selling jewellery and certainly there are some forum topics on it too smile

ruby1234 Wed 18-Jan-17 10:43:45

I've just sold a 1/2 carat diamond ring to a small independent Jewellers... they were keen on it as they were going to take it apart and use the diamond in a bespoke item (they make and design engagement rings etc).

Was called Ace in Leeds, sorry don't know the address, was near WHSmith, just a very small doorway and up a few flights of stairs. Sign outside says 'we buy scrap gold and diamonds'.

They gave me a very good price (compared to other places anyway).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now