Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Anyone got premium bonds?

(6 Posts)
Busybean Thu 22-Feb-07 00:13:00

Am most interested to hear from anyone with the max holding £30000 or over £20000, how long have you held that amount in them? what would you say you average annual wins on them are? have they phased out-ie did you get lots of wins for a while and then they tapered off?
Am wondering wether to put my inheritance(when I receive it) in them for a while and see what happens...
Any thoughts?

scatterbrain Thu 22-Feb-07 00:14:46

Allegedly better rate of return than savings accounts are paying at the moment ! No gauarantees though - mind you nothing has any guarantees !!

Me - I'd put it into property and enjoy it !

furcoatandnoknickers Thu 22-Feb-07 00:33:35

oh yes ..<jumping up and down> meeee
We both bought (dh and me)the full ammount about four years ago. At first we had, between us about £200 every month. It has tailed off but we still regularly get wins of that ammount or more(in several £50 cheques).
dh who works in city (alegedly-hot-shot hedge funds) said he couldnt have made that much even in high risk. Obv. he couldnt have put such a paultry ammnt (!) in his hedge fund! - even if he were alowed to put money in his own gaf.
Also remember you can take the money out when you want (I think) and you get your steak back (obv. with no interest).
sorry for sp.

Mummy2TandF Thu 22-Feb-07 00:46:39

My parents have and they get about £150 - £200 a month , we bought ds the minimum of £100 2 years ago and he hasn't won anything yet - I would say it is worth it though

Bubbaloo Thu 22-Feb-07 08:20:41

My parents both have the maximum amount and win an average of around £250 per month,so definately worth it,if you have the money to invest in some.

LizP Thu 22-Feb-07 22:36:23

I think I have about £20000 and have had for about 5 years - and only ever seem to get about £50 a month. Some months more, some less but not the £250 others are reporting. It hasn't gone down over the years. dh reckoned it was tax efficient saving at some stage and it has just sat there ever since.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: