Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Sports association vs Limited Company - adv's of both?

(1 Post)
CountTo10 Wed 21-Feb-07 20:36:02

I've been asked by the mgt committee of a local football club to look into the possibility of becoming a private limited company with the option of people buying shares to attract some investment into the club etc. At present they are standard committee set up and the acc's only have to be looked at by FA. They are struggling income wise and raise money through various social events and subs etc.

I wondered if there was anyone on here in the know on the implications of a club of this nature going limited. I've said that you have the whole submission of accounts and auditing and tax possibilities etc, but how would the whole shares thing work and would it be a board of directors instead of mgt comittee, that sort of thing.

Any ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now