Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

MLM Bot Watch 27 - The Yazoo iis past iits use by date, but we have a massive #lardon: Tragiicomic cultiic wampum floggiing scamalangadiingdongs liike Forever Living, Ariix, Herbalife, Younique, Juice

(991 Posts)
acatcalledjohn Fri 06-Jan-17 21:54:56

Still going strong here at bot watch HQ on MN!

Previous thread here

Botwatch on Wordpress and on Facebook

Timeless Vie on Wordpress and on Facebook

*Eyespeying*'s Blog aka #manhun, even if he's been banned by MNHQ

Hommetepreneur on Facebook
www.lazymanandmoney.com/is-every-mlm-a-scam
We have our own regularly returning bots. <waves>

Glossary:

Bots: our affectionate name for victims of the MLM racket

MLM: Multi-level Marketing schemes - essentially pyramid schemes that are just legal because you sell a product. Reliant upon constant recruitment despite there not being enough people in the world to go beyond about 12 levels if everyone recruited 6.

Downline/Upline: the people you recruited and those who recruited you (going up and down the pyramid inverted funnel)

Timeless Vie: Parody of MLM schemes (though you might spot one in particular) that also carries out fearless investigative work. Flogging the amazing skinny lard and now carbonated lard. The arsenic is not the evil Victorian stuff. #TeamDannii #gettingalardon

Hommetrepreneur: also excellent parody site focussing on the menz

BotWatch: Rather more serious, keeps an eye on what the Bots are claiming next, particularly in reference to health and income claims. Also fearless.

Inverted Funnel: Timeless Vie is NOT a pyramid - it's an inverted Funnel, OK?

Eyes: Our former member Eyespying who knows LOTS about MLM schemes. He's still our very own #manhun.

acatcalledjohn Fri 06-Jan-17 21:59:08

Welcome to all newbies. I think a fair few people joined following the DH & Younique thread.

Spongebobette Fri 06-Jan-17 22:24:52

Placemarking

cozietoesie Fri 06-Jan-17 23:09:30

smile

darceybussell Fri 06-Jan-17 23:13:20

Hi all, I've been on my #skinnylard for two days now and I've lost an entire leg! Amazing!

Annie65 Fri 06-Jan-17 23:17:11

Bookmarkedgrin

acatcalledjohn Fri 06-Jan-17 23:17:22

That's nothing, Darcey.

I've lost an arm and a leg.

grin

fitgirl26 Fri 06-Jan-17 23:18:00

I've had a #lardon for three days and I've lost so much weight I've actually disappeared #invisible #lardbabe

BSintolerant Fri 06-Jan-17 23:33:59

The arsenic in my lard has poisoned my mother-in-law. She shuffled off this mortal coil with such a raging #lardon that she didn't know if she was coming or going. Her #lardon was so enormous the undertaker couldn't get the lid down.

ArbunneHun Sat 07-Jan-17 00:00:08

Love all the #LardOn messages huns! Timeless Vie's marketing campaigns are the best!

#TeamDanniiiiiii

BonjourMinou Sat 07-Jan-17 08:07:21

Morning all! I haven't caught up for a little while, these threads move so quickly, but I have been following timeless vie on fb.

Have gained a couple of new FLbots over the new year sad

Could someone direct me to the someone who knows you is worried page, if it's still about? I remember thinking it was good and now I have cause for concern I can't find it.

Ps loving all your #lardons, I'm soooooo inspiired, Huns!

ClaudiaWankleman Sat 07-Jan-17 08:15:54

Haven't caught up in a while either. Have just seen that a key ingredient in many FL products has been banned by the EU and the bots are flogging the affected products like crazy!

Head Office stuff is telling them to buy as much as they like before the 11th Feb, after which they'll not be allowed to sell anymore. I suspect I will be making a few choice Facebook comments after that date.

Also recently joined a JP testimonials group. It's hilarious. Berry capsules have practically regrown wombs apparently.

BonjourMinou Sat 07-Jan-17 08:23:00

Regrown WOMBS! Wow, those must be some berries.

fitgirl26 Sat 07-Jan-17 09:08:27

They don't call them Magic Beans for nothing you know! I heard the NHS was scrapping its entire drugs budget and getting all doctors to prescribe Juice Plus for everything. Appendicitis? No - you don't need an operation - take a magic bean and your appendix will dissolve in the swill of 30/32/34/56/54767 (depends on which JP meme you are reading) varieties of fruit and veg. Hurrah!

cozietoesie Sat 07-Jan-17 09:14:41

Here you go, Bonjour.

🙂

CheekySmile Sat 07-Jan-17 10:32:32

Hi botwatchers, checking in to the new thread.

Have to say that my friends and family are noticing the massive #lardon I've had for the past few days and can't stop asking me about how they can get one too! Eeeeeeeeeek!

DoratheExplorer17 Sat 07-Jan-17 12:06:21

Long time lurker here reporting in. I have done something that has literally changed my life. I've quit the MLM steam train and got a 'job'. I start in 2 weeks. I wasn't sure who to tell but I need to tell someone just how amazing I feel for getting out. I feel like a massive weight has been lifted. I cried with relief! I've got my life back 😊 It's only fitting that you hear the news on here. I'm so excited to be going back to work

Spongebobette Sat 07-Jan-17 12:14:33

Dora, congratulations! You are a survivor.

I hope you haven't been left too out of pocket.

TCforTopCat Sat 07-Jan-17 12:28:18

Dora, that is absolutely amazing.
Well done, now your free time will actually be free time smile

Best wishes from another long time MLM thread lurker

ittookme1hrtothinkofthisname Sat 07-Jan-17 12:32:34

I hadn't seen the DH YOUNIQUE MAKEUP thread but just read it. Horrified! Just shows the underhand techniques they use to sell!

I have gained a few Maëlle bots angry they are from a mummy group sadly. I didn't realise they were bots when I accepted their invites.

The JP bots keep trying to add me (these aren't friends just ransoms) on FB. The hilarious thing is I'm 37 weeks pregnant! Feel like snapping at them. I have blocked 3 in 24hours!

Oh and what's with these pearl things???

cozietoesie Sat 07-Jan-17 12:42:17

Well done, Dora! smile

DoratheExplorer17 Sat 07-Jan-17 13:52:42

I'm afraid it has left me massively in debt. I'm sure I'll sort it all out eventually. Just glad to be knowing that I'm not going to get myself any further into debt.

TCfortopcat are you a survivor too?

I cannot wait for my free time to be exactly that. No more taking samples and business cards everywhere with me. And now I can make friends with people without everyone thinking I have an ulterior motive!!

You guys seem to literally be the support network for all MLM leavers 😊

TCforTopCat Sat 07-Jan-17 14:02:07

Dora, not a survivor, never even been prospected. Not sure if I am doing something wrong or very right smile

I am however in awe of you being able to get out and take proper control of your life.

I am sure that this new job will be a great turning point for you. Well done again.

ArbunneHun Sat 07-Jan-17 14:13:43

Hi Dora! Congratulations on leaving the world of MLM. If/when you would like to share your story, the folks over at Timeless Vie are very sympathetic & will guarantee your anonymity.

Much love & good luck with the new job smile

Thinkofanumber Sat 07-Jan-17 14:57:22

One of my Fb friends is at an Ariix conference today in Solihull and keeps posting live feeds of awards. Loads of posts earlier about how 'super excited!!!!!' she was - brainwash them well, don't they?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now