Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Do I need to notify hmrc?

(3 Posts)
Emzerness Wed 04-Jan-17 18:52:25

Currently claiming child tax credit and child benefit.
Had a new bank card sent to me because of suspected fraudulent the by someone.
My actual acount number is exactly the same so would the ctc and cb still get paid into it as normal or do I still need to notify them because the 16 digit number has changed? Have tried looking online but still none the wiser.

pnutter Wed 04-Jan-17 18:54:15

That'll be fine. As long as your account number has stayed the same , the long card number won't make a difference.

bimbobaggins Wed 04-Jan-17 20:53:20

Your bank account number and sort code will be exactly the same, it is only a new card number you have which you don't need to inform Hmrc about

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: