Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Ex forged my signature to gain cash

(2 Posts)
220Triathlon Mon 02-Jan-17 18:05:49

Does anyone know where I stand legally on my ex husband forging my signature in order to cash in joint endowment policy? I can prove I was out of the country when the signature was made as I still have my old passport (complete with my old signature on it) with date stamps etc. The signature is blatantly forged and looks more or less the same as my ex husband's, which is on the same document, yet Standard Life seem to have given the money to my ex without question. Looking at other issues to do with forgery, it seems that Standard Life should recompense me, but I can't find anything that exactly matches my situation on the financial ombudsman website.

19lottie82 Mon 02-Jan-17 22:32:56

As I understand it, if you want to be compensated you will need to involve the police and officially report your ex for the fraud / theft. Have you done this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now