Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Tax credit cap two children

(3 Posts)
Becks84 Mon 02-Jan-17 14:11:39

Just wanted a bit of clarification. The tax credits cap of two children that starts in April. Is it right that this will only affect families who have a third child born after April 2017 and not parents who already have three children? Only I have three children and my youngest is disabled. I have spoken with a few people and they say it won't affect existing tax credit claimants who have three children but then I read online that when existing tax credit claimants are transferred onto universal credit this would be classed as a new claim and the entitlement for the third child would stop. Then again I was told by another person that a move from tax credits to UC wouldn't be classed as a new claim and would be a migrated move so it wouldn't affect existing tax credit claimants who already have three children (born before 2017). Does anyone know?

Becks84 Mon 02-Jan-17 16:06:47

Anyone?

umberellaonesie Mon 02-Jan-17 16:08:15

It shouldn't affect you as disability is a protected characteristic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now