Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Quick mortgage advice

(4 Posts)
Scrumptiousbears Sun 01-Jan-17 10:21:35

Are there any mortgage people out there or anyone who has been in the same position who can offer some advice.

I have a mortgage in my sole name. Now live with partner and kids. Partner moved in with me. We have seen a house we want to offer on. Wasn't planning so soon but it's on the market.

My issue is I am on maternity leave. Due to go back full time in March/April. How would a mortgage company look at it? Would they look at my salary I'm going back to of my last 9 months salary (which clearly is maternity pay)

Any thoughts welcome.

IfAtFirstUDontSucceed Sun 01-Jan-17 10:29:48

From my experience they would take your usual salary and ask for proof of this from your employer along with confirmation of your expected return to work date.

HeadDreamer Sun 01-Jan-17 10:31:28

I have applied for a mortgage on my maternity leave. They used by normal salary but asked questions on projected childcare cost.

Scrumptiousbears Sun 01-Jan-17 10:50:12

Lovely thanks for your replies. I'd hoped it would be this way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now