Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

FTB mortgage help.

(1 Post)
Skhalifa93 Tue 20-Dec-16 18:44:54

Hi all. I am new to this so please bear with me.
Cutting the long story short. Myself an "partner" put in an offer for our dream house an thankfully it was accepted. As we are first time buyers we have no chain and are going straight through for a mortgage. For some reason only Halifax would accept us in principle. All other lenders said due to no credit ratings they wouldn't bother. Halifax agreed on an 85% loan. We have asked for a formal offer but no look yet 2 week running. My partner works cash in hand but has now convinced his boss to pay monthly but our MA has informed us that our case has gone to review due to her accidentally saying my partner an his boss are related which they are not. As they had asked for an employers reference. Has anyone gone through this process that could help us? How long am I looking at? Are Halifax fairly lenient or does it look like worst case scenario an being refused a mortgage?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now