Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Am I owed more on my PPI claims?

(8 Posts)
BlindAssassin1 Sun 18-Dec-16 10:07:36

I claimed back two lots of PPI maybe 18-24 months ago through an official ombudsman. TBH I can't remember about it as it was so long ago.

Now I'm getting a claims management company phoning me saying that actually banks were never giving out enough payments, that I was probably owed a lot more.

I certainly will not be using a claims company (this one wanted to take 30% of whatever they think I'll get!) but I'm not sure if its right that I'm owed more on the repayments I've already had.

Any advice?

LIZS Sun 18-Dec-16 10:12:18

If they've already paid out surely you have no further claim. Sounds like chancers tbh.

Reality16 Sun 18-Dec-16 10:16:04

Just marketing calls. Ignore.

We get them all the time for PPI and have never had credit in our lives!

Notsleepingeveragain Fri 30-Dec-16 06:09:00

This is true actually, but not in every case. Your bank will be obligated to send you the recalculation and any monies owed. You will not need to do anything. Ignore the calls and wait, you will or you won't as it depends on the bank and how they did their calculations originally.

insan1tyscartching Fri 30-Dec-16 07:06:08

We had a cheque for £2500 just before Christmas, out of the blue. It was a recalculation from Barclays. We've had other small amounts too all because of recalculations without doing a thing. I certainly wouldn't go with the chancers who are phoning as they will take a cut of anything you are owed and you will be paid, if owed, without you having to do a thing.

Shakey15000 Mon 02-Jan-17 18:21:23

Insan1ty can I ask when your original payout from Barclays was and how long after you received the recalculation cheque?

I also had a cheque from Barclays and OP is right, some people are owed more.

insan1tyscartching Mon 02-Jan-17 18:56:37

It would have been five or six years since the initial calculation so it was completely out of the blue.

DollyPlastic Mon 02-Jan-17 18:59:41

Mine all replied to me saying they didn't think they owed me anything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now