Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

seem to have extra income support.

(6 Posts)
OldHarvingtonian Fri 16-Dec-16 10:01:35

I get carers allowance and income support. My income support is £69 every two weeks. This month I got an extra £10 Christmas bonus with my carers allowance. However one week this month I also got £91 income support instead of the usual £69. I can't find anything online about getting the extra £20. Does anyone know why this would be, I'm pretty sure you're only meant to get one xmas bonus?

Akire Fri 16-Dec-16 10:09:25

How long have you been claiming for? Could it be a late payment for example paying you for 3 days at start of a claim? Given it's for £22 it's not extra Xmas bonus

Lagirafe Fri 16-Dec-16 14:41:44

Isn't here's still such thing as a cold weather payment?

Notreallyhappy Fri 16-Dec-16 16:39:55

It's not cold enough for cold weather and winter fuel is more.
Cold weather is below 0* Celsius in your area for 7 consecutive days.

Notreallyhappy Fri 16-Dec-16 16:40:58

www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.gov.uk/cold-weather-payment/overview&ved=0ahUKEwjEperUk_nQAhUlB8AKHTZkDGIQFggdMAE&usg=AFQjCNGjyxcV6rjv7mAa-0RmJdDRK7E4ug&sig2=-dBOXnW4Xm9vLXMW4dTBUg

OldHarvingtonian Sun 18-Dec-16 11:51:33

I finally got through on the phone. Found out that repayments on some overpayments have finished, so I get the full IS now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now