Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Housing benefit advice

(4 Posts)
hotdiggedy Mon 12-Dec-16 21:28:54

Hello

I send off my payslips to the housing office (used to do it by post but it seemed to take SO long for anyone to get back that I swapped to their email system). All was ok and taking the usual 3 or 4 weeks to get a letter back/change of money from them. However, I have now sent in 2 payslips (sent last one in 1st Dec) and haven't heard a word nor had a change of payment. I generally avoid calling them as you sit for ages in a queue to never quite be given the right info or not given any info at all so i am reluctant to call. Also cant go in to their offices due to working full time.

Anyone with similar experiences and would like to let me know approx how long it takes for them to respond when you send a payslip in? I will no doubt owe them plenty money by the time they do get round to recalculating!

Many thanks

hotdiggedy Tue 13-Dec-16 18:16:05

Perhaps it's just me then!

NoahVale Wed 14-Dec-16 08:17:50

i think they quoted 6 weeks to me once although it seems they are much quicker when they think you have been overpaid sad

hotdiggedy Sat 17-Dec-16 14:19:26

Thank you. I am starting to feel like they are just ignoring me now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now