Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Changing circumstances

(2 Posts)
Rigbyroo Wed 07-Dec-16 07:51:28

Hi! I'm currently part time and my partner is not working, we are getting housing benefit and child tax credits. Next month I will be returning to work full time so won't be eligible for any help. Do I inform them at work start date or pay date? If the benefits stop at the start of the month I will not have enough to get through the month.

Ilovemygsd Sun 08-Jan-17 22:31:19

You have a mth after the change of circumstances to tell them (tax credits) but then you will probably get a bill for overpayment. Think you have to tell HB straight away but not 100%

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now