Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

What can i do?

(2 Posts)
Loosh1985 Tue 22-Nov-16 19:18:03

I recently split up with my ex and i moved to my own flat as the house we were living in before was rented by him first even though through out our relationship i was the one working and paying the rent.
Anyway I've got my own place now and i am struggling financially.i work but not full time as we share 50/50 custody. I cannot apply for any benefits because he has applied for everything and all benefits seem to linked in order to qualify.
Does anyone have a suggestion as to what i can do?

delilahbucket Sat 03-Dec-16 23:06:43

You can challenge his applications for benefits. If custody is exactly 50/50 then I understand he cannot claim. Is it really 50/50 though. 3 1/2 days a week each and half of ALL associated child costs?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now