Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Oh poo!

(6 Posts)
Wheresthemissingsqueakyegg Tue 22-Nov-16 18:36:36

Following my previous post about my tax credits claim being closed, I submitted a request for a mandatory reconsideration. To summarise, they think a tenant who lived at the property prior to me moving in still lives here which is not true and I've sent all the documents they have requested to reflect this.
What I didn't realise is that this information would then be passed to the Housing Benefits team and subsequently my claim for HB has now also been suspended!
I spoke with the tax credits office and they explained they have received my information and that the mandatory reconsideration team are pretty up to date with their work but couldn't provide me with any timescales.
I get paid on Friday so that will cover my rent however, am currently on emergency electric and bed to pay gas, water , tv license etc and I'm stuck and don't know what to do!
My child's nursery have given me a voucher for the local food bank which is a great help (I'm also 31 weeks pregnant) and this could not have happened at a worse time!
I feel like a complete and utter failure and have no family support in RL!
Not looking for sympathy just wondered if anyone else has been in this situation and what happens? Christmas is cancelled as far as I'm concerned as that is not a priority.

Wheresthemissingsqueakyegg Fri 25-Nov-16 16:13:15

Anyone? I'm really stuck now sad

Costacoffeeplease Fri 25-Nov-16 16:18:06

Sorry to hear this, so have they totally got the wrong end of the stick? (I didn't see your previous thread)

Wheresthemissingsqueakyegg Fri 25-Nov-16 16:33:13

Yes - they wrote to me requesting proof someone didn't live here (they did but before I moved into the property in August last year) so I sent the documents as requested, then my money stopped as they said they didn't receive the documents and I had to submit a mandatory reconsideration request which I did (and posted via recorded delivery this time!) So much stress!

RedHelenB Thu 01-Dec-16 18:38:43

Could your landlord not provide a letter to say the tenant was no longer there and the house was now let to you?

Get your MP involved asap it's amazing how quickly it will get sorted them as it should be an easy error to clear up.

Wheresthemissingsqueakyegg Thu 01-Dec-16 18:58:24

Good idea, didn't think
Of that smile
I've been going round in circles with Citizens advice and the tax credits people all week so need to do something

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now