Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Welcome Finance and 'PPI'

(3 Posts)
Littlemissindependent Fri 18-Nov-16 15:37:27

Back in 2008 I (foolishly) took out a loan with Welcome Finance. After the loan was approved I was called back to their offices and told they would only pay out the loan if I took PPI. So I agreed.
Fast forward to today and I'm trying to claim back PPI from various places. I contacted Welcome Finance who claim they never sold me 'PPI' as such. They sold me personal accident and life care cover, in top of charging me 2 lots of acceptance fees.
Now I'm 100% sure it WAS sold to me as PPI but they claim otherwise. I don't know what I can do. Anyone have any advice?

YouWereRight Fri 18-Nov-16 17:33:46

Request a copy of your agreement. It'll take a couple of weeks to get to you though.

lionsleepstonight Wed 23-Nov-16 23:15:11

I think that can also be mis sold, especially as you were told it was the only way you'd get the loan. Have a look on Martin Lewis site to see if that policy type can also be claimed for.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now