Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Getting debt free

(2 Posts)
Parsley1234 Thu 17-Nov-16 16:02:55

I've made great inroads in debt reduction down from £25k ish to £5500 on 0% and anything from £2k-£4K on my overdraft depending on bills going out money coming in. My question is should I put the overdraft on my interest free card and keep chipping away at that with a standing order not direct debit and putting more on it when I can to hopefully pay it off while the interest free period lasts ? Also should I concentrate on debt reduction as I want to retrain but feal I should get debt gone first to have a clean slate ? Sorry f the answers are easy to see but I'm in it and can't see wood for the trees. My debt was from a business loan and overspending on credit cards which I don't use anymore cash all the way !

Notreallyhappy Fri 18-Nov-16 07:15:11

Ask on this thread
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/legal_money_matters/2465435-Drowning-in-debt-and-cannot-talk-to-people-in-Real-Life-A-problem-shared-is-a-problem-brought-into-perspective-come-and-join-the-lens

They're very good here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now