Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Child and working tax credit - single?

(7 Posts)
butterfly92 Wed 16-Nov-16 05:49:11

Hi everyone. So i have been award child and working tax credits, however on the form i did not include my partner as he does not work so he is getting 0 income (not even on benefits), so i left his name out (did not ask my martial status), and on the award letter they assumed i was single cos i left the "your partner if claiming as a couple" blank. Is that right? I dont want to be done for fraud accidentally, thats why im worried :/ thanks

CrazyDuchess Wed 16-Nov-16 06:13:53

You need to call them up and correct that.even if he isn't earning, you are not a single parent and it may flag when they do their checks.

butterfly92 Wed 16-Nov-16 06:21:58

Will be ringing them first thing to correct this. Will it affect how much i will get?

Babyroobs Wed 16-Nov-16 09:35:33

Yes you must let them know and apply as a couple. The number of hours you need to work to claim WTC will be different. If you were a lone parent then it would be 16 hours but if you are claiming as a couple it is 24 hours assuming your partner can work.

butterfly92 Wed 16-Nov-16 10:49:40

Thank you i called them and its all sorted now just got to wait for another claim form to come through then put my partners details down smile

Afreshstartplease Wed 16-Nov-16 10:51:58

If you had claimed for childcare costs you won't get this now

butterfly92 Wed 16-Nov-16 13:18:24

No i didnt claim childcare costs thankfully

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now