Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Can I claim PPI with no paperwork?

(15 Posts)
Coconutty Mon 14-Nov-16 20:17:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OohhThatsMe Mon 14-Nov-16 20:19:35

No, you can claim without the paperwork. You can write to the company and ask whether they applied PPI to your loan - give them a rough idea of dates, if you like, but that's it. There's a template on MoneySavingExpert - let me know if you can't find it.

OohhThatsMe Mon 14-Nov-16 20:21:48

This page is very useful.

Longdistance Mon 14-Nov-16 20:23:19

I had zero paperwork with any off my ppi applications.

I just contacted the company's directly with my name and address at the time. Sent them proof documents (copy of marriage certificate, old passport new passport).

I got about £1.5k back.

Good luck op.

WineCheeseSleep Mon 14-Nov-16 20:32:34

I agree with the other posters, I claimed without paperwork. It was actually really easy.

Coconutty Mon 14-Nov-16 20:34:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OohhThatsMe Mon 14-Nov-16 21:43:17

Just don't go through a company. It's really easy to do it yourself - Martin Lewis gives fantastic advice that's so easy to follow. Don't give those claim companies a penny!

WineCheeseSleep Mon 14-Nov-16 23:33:32

Oh yes I used Martin Lewis too, I'd definitely recommend looking at his advice.

NewTownVelocity Wed 23-Nov-16 11:55:50

Sorry to gatecrash this post, but I've no paperwork either. Mine are from ages ago. I remember clearly ppi being added to Yorkshire Bank credit card repayments (late 1990s) and I clearly remember being sold it by Egg, around 2002 but can't remember if it was a loan or credit card.

I thought, in view of my lack of paperwork and the fact that all this happened years ago, that it would be easier to go through an agency. I do clearly remember paying ppi on these (I cancelled the Egg one at dome point when I realised ppi wasn't compulsory) and who knows who many other companies charged me! I could be owed ££££s!!!

Any advice?

NewTownVelocity Wed 23-Nov-16 11:57:19

*some and *how... tut...

Grumpyoldblonde Wed 23-Nov-16 12:07:12

Newtown If you went through an agency they wouldn't have your details either! They can only go by what you tell them.
If you google each company you will find the PPI links and you can do it yourself. they should be able to check via your address but in light of how long ago you paid PPI there will probably be no records left. There is no kind of database that claim agencies have access to and they don't have access to your financial records.
MSE website has lots of good advise.

NewTownVelocity Wed 23-Nov-16 12:56:49

Thanks Grumpy. I know they can only go by what info I give them, but I thought they might be able to investigate further, find out the correct dates or something... I don't know. The general consensus seems to be diy, not agency so I'll go with that!

gardenangels Sun 11-Dec-16 00:52:23

I had an Egg card is there any way I can find the address to send the PPI claim to?

joangray38 Sun 11-Dec-16 01:00:43

Barclays took over egg, think you write to them

gardenangels Sun 11-Dec-16 10:42:42

Thanks very much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now