Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

How much do you have left after all your bills are paid?

(10 Posts)
sophieeleanorxx Wed 02-Nov-16 17:48:45

Just wondering whether I will be able to live of this with a newborn baby I'm planning on breastfeeding so that will keep the cost down fingers crossed. I've worked it out that after I've paid my mum rent and car insurance and my loan and phone bill I'm left with £589 but then that doesn't include petrol. Does this sound doable? I enjoy eating out once a week and wouldn't want to have to change thatsad

WaitroseCoffeeCostaCup Wed 02-Nov-16 17:51:48

Literally nothing. It's to the penny here. But we are happy smile

gunting Wed 02-Nov-16 17:52:11

I think it sounds totally doable. After bills and food we have £50 which is really hard but we manage.

Farfromtheusual Wed 02-Nov-16 17:56:15

That is definitely more than enough I'd say. Usually have about the same left over maybe a little bit more between me and DP and that's with me on maternity pay at the moment.

AdoraBell Wed 02-Nov-16 18:04:50

Totally doable IMO.

sophieeleanorxx Wed 02-Nov-16 18:08:32

Thanks I hope so really don't want to be struggling!

vilamoura2003 Thu 03-Nov-16 18:35:25

I have my budget down to the penny with everything taken care of even down to dentist costs for the year, divided into 12, car servicing, holidays savings, dog food etc.

After everything, we have about £150.00 per month left over just as spending money and sometimes more if I do extra hours. That is for two adults and daughter.

CremeEggThief Mon 07-Nov-16 12:05:11

That's about £20 more than I have with 1 teenager, OP, and I need to take food and utilities out of that, as I'm on a PAYG smart meter. If we can manage, so can you. You'll be fine. smile

AndNowItsSeven Mon 07-Nov-16 12:07:26

Is that after food so just for petrol and fun?

Scrumptiousbears Mon 07-Nov-16 12:09:13

I'm on maternity at the moment so nothing. I use my savings to pay my half of the mortgage and household bills (OH pays the rest).

When I'm back at work I'd say about £1000 a month ish. Savings and holidays have to come out of this as well as general spending money.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now