Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Can no longer use post office card account for tax credits

(4 Posts)
lightsandresistance Fri 28-Oct-16 18:10:14

I only get child benefit and tax credits as I work but I have those paid into a post office card account. I do have a normal account but like it being seperate to my wage as if I stuff up I know tax credits is in a seperate account.

I have recieved a letter today telling me I have to give them a normal bank account as despite the post office card account being extended until 2021 you can no longer use them confused

Has anyone heard of this?

Also the account I have is rubbish so if it is being used for everything I might just switch accounts anyway.

Do you have a time limit to reply does anyone know?

listsandbudgets Wed 02-Nov-16 14:11:54

Could this be a scam of some sort? I think I'd be phoning on the number you usually use for tax credits NOT the one on the letter to check what's happenijng.

I think there would ahve been something in the news if this was really the case and I can't find a thing

IHaveAToiletBrush Wed 02-Nov-16 14:17:12

I have had the letter about child benefit. It comes in a brown DWP envelope and is the DWP phone line when you ring the number. However there is a sign in my local post office thats says you can ignore the letter until 2020.

CurtainsforRonnie Thu 03-Nov-16 03:37:58

First Direct give you £100 if you switch to their Current Account.

Plus you can get an extra savings account attatched to it, that you can transfer money into online.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now