Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone used 1st Central Insurance? Worst treatment EVER!

(14 Posts)
MissPoppy Thu 27-Oct-16 12:01:05

Has anyone used this car insurance company? I am a single mother with a disabled child, I insurance my car through them as they came up really cheap on comparison website (should have known better!) anyone they waited until the 14 days cancellation was up before asking for documents and then more than doubled it! I said I cannot afford it then and they want near to £200 to cancel. Can a company behave like this? anyone used them before? so upset

OP’s posts: |
Rockchick1984 Thu 27-Oct-16 12:09:14

What documents did they need, and why couldn't you provide them?

IceLemonGin Thu 27-Oct-16 12:11:01

If it was the proof of no claims they needed to see then I think most companies require this within the same timescale.

HalloToJasonIsaacs Thu 27-Oct-16 12:11:04

Seconded - what exactly were they asking for? Was it proof of NCB?

MissPoppy Thu 27-Oct-16 17:29:42

They had entered my details incorrectly on their data base which meant that I had to send in numerous papers to verify my existence. This took 17 emails to sort out from me. I called them daily and they would say, could you send it again....or can you send another document. I informed them that I had nine years NCD but as I had driven a mobility car for the last four years they said after three weeks that I could not use my NCD and therefore doubled my insurance. If this had been sorted within the 14 days then I could have told them that the revised quote was way too expensive i.e. from £280.00 to £620 and that I would have to go else where. As it was over 14 days then want over £150 for me to cancel. I feel like I have been punched in the face and charged for the privilege. I have since read many similar reports on trust pilot so I guess I am not the only one who finds this company out of line.

1stCentral Fri 28-Oct-16 10:57:15

Hi MissPoppy, thank you for sharing your experience. Would you mind emailing your policy reference number to customer.relations@1stcentral.co.uk so that we can attempt to resolve this for you? Thanks again, Vicky

Thinnestofthinice Fri 28-Oct-16 20:58:49

Hope the above helps you out. I remember going back to square one after being a 'named driver' on a car for a good few years- they were the only company to take me on fairly cheaply. It did feel like pauper's insurance and they were very unhelpful in every way when I needed to contact them- I'm just grateful I didn't need to ever make a claim with them!

MissPoppy Sat 29-Oct-16 14:37:52

yes now moved to a high street company, sorted out in five minutes and for the same cheap price! wish I had done this in the first place. I went with A Plan, they are a broker but for the £20 fee then found me a cheap quote without the hassle. Live and Learn!

Wookie12 Mon 18-Mar-19 16:53:05

People, please be very careful. After 2 months my policy went up from £36 to £61 cancellation fee is £150. 1st Central Analysis team working very hard to find anything to increase policy. if they can't find anything they ll make something up. Paid this ridiculous cancellation fee and don t want to know anything about this company. Gangsters. I m hoping somebody someday ll take this company to court.

Numptysod Tue 19-Mar-19 13:50:58

Trinity claims are the same!

Dave4960 Wed 29-Jan-20 21:35:04

Insurance quote was good £330 for my car even though I am 51yrs old BUT after 7 months paying monthly I sold my car and rang them to cancel before the folowing months payment came out to be told I had to pay £120 in cancellation charges!! £50 admin which is too much just to answer my call and tap a few buttons on their database, £50 cancellation charge which is just another name for the first charge.
£20 pro rata for the cover Id already had but as I had paid for that month and we where nearing the next month I was actually giving them the last 5 days for free.. These charges are grossly unfair and where not explained upon taking up the car insurance online!!!

MOelkosh Fri 13-Mar-20 19:43:27

Dear customers be careful with this
Be aware with this insurance company
They did cancel my Policy after 3 weeks
Of course I paid deposit and first month rate , totally I paid £180.00
Now they keep chasing me to pay £ 52.00 cancellation fee .

I did sent them all documents they asked for and there were no reason to cancel my Policy.

TiddleTaddleTat Sat 14-Mar-20 21:22:19

Avoid!! This company refused to pay out when their customer crashed into me (admitted liability at the scene)
They made us go to court
They lost! But were dreadful to deal with.

Toastingthebun Sun 15-Mar-20 11:26:45

Yikes. I am with this insurance company and have been for almost a year. I've had to phone them for a couple of things like adding my husband to the policy. Been impressed with their prices and call handling so far... but this has made me nervous about when the renewal comes up. Haven't needed to make a claim so hoping to get my first ever no claims bonus from them (hooray to a whole year of driving!).

I'll definitely be cautious when the renewal comes around!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in