Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Concentrix letter - how long did it take?

(4 Posts)
MyLatestFuckUp Tue 25-Oct-16 12:14:06

I sent my concentrix paperwork off in July. I was told it would take 6 months for a decision. I know it has only been 3 months but I have seen people have had decisions quicker than that.

I have had my hours cut at work and phoned TC to inform them to get my WTC cut off and they said they would leave it for a month. I have no prospect of getting more hours so I am assuming I will have to pay back the WTC for that month but it wasn't really clear.

I just wondered how long it is likely to take for a decision. I have not done anything wrong but I am still worried sick about the whole thing.

MyLatestFuckUp Thu 24-Nov-16 09:21:00

Anyone? blush

BertieBeats Thu 24-Nov-16 09:29:54

I sent out documents off the beginning of May to proof my partner was self employed. Didn't hear back until the end of July, beginning of August. Everything was fine but the stress it caused me was terrible ,especially over the summer holidays. I did hear that HM Revenue have gotten rid of Concentrix because they were stopping claims when there was no reason to do so ,and HM Revenue are going it through themselves so taking longer than usual. You could always call them as in my experience it can take them weeks to contact you after they've checked ,made a change etc...

MyLatestFuckUp Thu 24-Nov-16 10:01:18

Thanks for your reply. Most people seem to hear within 3 months. I haven't contacted them for ages. I had to phone HMRC regularly with my hours as I am on zero hours contract so sometimes I was eligible, sometimes I wasn't. I did ring up to find out who I was supposed to be cohabiting with as I had seen on here that people had been told but I didn't get anywhere with that. They gave me this timescale of 6 months and I thought I wasn't supposed to phone back during that time but I might try again.

I got a phone call from TC about my WTC confirming that they would be stopped and I don't have to pay that month back!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now