Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Estimating self-employed income for tax credits.

(1 Post)
LovelyBath77 Mon 24-Oct-16 20:01:03

My husband's tax year runs from Aug to Aug, but tax credits asks for income / profit from April to April. So, we estimate. It will be less last year for the tax credits year than his tax year. I'm worried HMRC might check his tax return and think we've given the wrong figures and under-estimated. Does anyone else have a similar situation or any advice? Many thanks. PS It's been fine in the past.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now