Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Revolut

(4 Posts)
Shesgotelectricboobs Sun 23-Oct-16 10:19:39

Has anyone used this? Dh has just signed up. Apparently it's a currrency card which gives you the spot rate for fx purchases abroad and you can use it online

I've looked at it and it appears to be a bit like paypal. But with a card.

Anyone have any experiences?

LeninaCrowne Sun 23-Oct-16 10:58:34

I've got one and we've used it abroad twice.
It's very handy, we used it to pay for meals in euros, pay a deposit on a hotel room and to draw a small amount of cash out of an ATM.
You do get the spot rate on transfers (£ US$ and €) and it's easy to top up using the phone app.
The only time we had a problem with it is when the card wasn't recognized at a train station ticket machine in Switzerland but we were able to use the card in a cafe to pay in Swiss francs.
It's cheaper than using a debit card abroad and you can easily keep track of your spending, as you get a notification when you use it.

Shesgotelectricboobs Sun 23-Oct-16 11:36:08

Good to know! Thanks.

I wasn't sure about it...

LeninaCrowne Sun 23-Oct-16 11:42:42

Make sure its validated before you go so you can top up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now