Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

YNAB

(8 Posts)
summerholsdreamin Thu 20-Oct-16 09:58:01

I have been using the free version of
YNAB for the last 18 months.
Used to input religiously but not so much recently.

Am thinking about updating to the new version of YNAB but before
I commit to the payment am wondering how it differs to the original
Version and what I'm actually getting for the money?

Has anyone else upgraded? What does it offer?

UrethaFranklin Thu 20-Oct-16 12:08:43

Can't answer your question but I would be interested in any replies. I also use the 'old' YNAB and can't really see the point in paying a monthly subscription for the new one unless it does something fabulous that the old one doesn't.

summerholsdreamin Thu 20-Oct-16 12:58:19

Hi Uretha
my gripe with Classic YNAB is only being able to edit categories and reconcile from my laptop.
I want to be able to do it all from my phone/iPad.

Kuriusoranj Thu 20-Oct-16 13:03:46

It's very very different IMO. It may be worth doing the free trial and seeing if it works for you - there is some really cool stuff about goals etc in there. Personally I have tried a couple of times but I can't get on with it. I'll stick with Classic until I absolutely can't use it any more.

summerholsdreamin Thu 20-Oct-16 13:05:15

Kuri....
Do you still need a desktop application to reconcile?

Kuriusoranj Thu 20-Oct-16 13:08:07

It all works very differently but yes, the main functions are all still desktop only as far as I remember. I don't think it's going to fix the thing that really irritates you, sorry!

Adam12322222 Sat 22-Oct-16 06:06:48

I use a personal finance app named Geltbox Money that eliminates the need for third party aggregation services.

the user can aggregate his own data without exposing private data to any third parties /web site.

This new technology enables the user to download his financial information from any financial institution in the world.

BG2015 Sun 23-Oct-16 12:27:45

I've been using the new YNAB from June so don't know any different . I like it, it's helped me immensely to budget.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now