Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Ideas for making extra money please

(6 Posts)
2015mom Tue 18-Oct-16 21:58:25

Hi

I have been on maternity leave for a year and gone back to work and going to be off work again in February with baby no 2.

I wanted to do something at home to make extra money and wondered if you guys could help with some ideas please?

I was thinking typing, selling things on ebay/gumtree, maybe a weekend cleaning job whilst husband looks after kids.

Only get stat maternity pay so need to do something to supplement income

Your help is much appreciated

JoJoSM2 Tue 18-Oct-16 23:06:53

If you'd consider a weekend job, you might be able to find something in retail or a restaurant/pub easily. Selling online could work but do you want to be starting a business? Also, have you checked if you're allowed to maternity pay if you're working?

2015mom Wed 19-Oct-16 08:55:24

I am allowed to do self employed work but not other work through another employer.

I will obviously declare my additional self employed work... Just need to think of good ideas and then focus on building it uo

cozietoesie Wed 19-Oct-16 10:50:35

You may find this page useful. 🙂

2015mom Wed 19-Oct-16 13:20:59

Thank you cozietoesie

Very usedul

2015mom Wed 19-Oct-16 13:21:08

Useful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now