Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Problem resolving

(7 Posts)
Parsley1234 Mon 17-Oct-16 20:38:51

Not boasting but I'm really good at resolving problems especially around £ probably because I've had to stand my ground on so many things over the years. I've started doing this for others and I'm thinking about volunteering for an organisation or even setting myself up as a professional problem solver does anyone do this or have any experience please

19lottie82 Tue 18-Oct-16 00:03:18

What is a professional problem solver?!?

Parsley1234 Tue 18-Oct-16 14:52:39

I've been asked to solve :
An elderly persons electric/gas supplier who had £1500 in their account that elderly person didn't know they had overpaid,

a charge of £170 for 2 days data downloaded on a phone the supplier refused to admit liability resulting in £100 refunded balance paid over 3 months

credit card charges not explained properly resulting in interest being refunded
A problem solver helps resolve problems some people can't resolve either through ignorance or lack of understanding.

I'm going for an interview Friday for voluntary advocacy work maybe that is a start any other ideas wise mumsnetters ?

19lottie82 Tue 18-Oct-16 16:07:03

TBH in my personal opinion I can't see how anyone would be willing to pay for this. That's what the Money Advice Service and CAB are for.

And if people don't have the motivation to sort it out themselves, will they really have the get up and go to kick start the process of booking and paying someone to sort it out for them?

As I said, I could be wrong, that's only my opinion.

Good luck with the voluntary work and it could be a stepping stone for a paid role within the CAB or similar?

Parsley1234 Tue 18-Oct-16 16:32:06

It wasn't so much a paid role I was looking into more voluntary and I've got an interview for voluntary work Friday so hoping that goes well. It was more identifying situations that can be resolved and individuals rights I was thinking of. Thank you for replying

littleblackno Wed 19-Oct-16 20:06:25

Agencies such as ageuk may be able to use your skills to support older people to manage bills, fill in forms apply for benefits etc. It's always something that's needed in that area.

Parsley1234 Wed 19-Oct-16 21:08:06

Hmmm I went to age uk but after they were fined last year for accepting money from eon to promote them as the choice of electricity supplier I thought again! I'm going to see christians against poverty thank you for replying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now