Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

got savings in sterling, live in Europe, should I transfer them now before pound plummets more?

(7 Posts)
SophieofShepherdsBush Sat 15-Oct-16 20:57:26

Or it it likely to pick up at all? Should I wait and see or change now? I'm clueless with regards to financial matters. U had previously hoped to get more euro for my sterling....should have cashed on pre brexit. What's the advice?

Heratnumber7 Sat 15-Oct-16 21:08:14

The pound hasn't plummeted. It's gone back to where it should be relative to other currencies.
It's always going up and down - I'd keep your money where it is.

BeenThereDoneThatForgotten Sat 15-Oct-16 21:11:17

The pound is at a 168 year low! Of course it plummeted. Certainly don't trade pounds for euros at the mo.

SophieofShepherdsBush Sat 15-Oct-16 22:28:15

Ok, so advice is to wait. Thank you.

specialsubject Sun 16-Oct-16 14:07:39

Mn selective memories - pound lower against euro in 2007. Not caused by brexit so forgotten.

More of an issue are uk interest rates - as you dont live here you are not affected by our inflation, which despite what carney says is already 2%. Can you get better interest where you are?

SophieofShepherdsBush Sun 16-Oct-16 17:39:32

Im in Ireland, snd im a financial dunce, I have no idea!

scaryteacher Mon 17-Oct-16 09:55:30

Special, yes, I remember it well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now