Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Can I pay my Nanny's PAYE using childcare vouchers?

(5 Posts)
sparklingorstill Wed 12-Oct-16 22:30:09

I expect the answer is no, but ....

I'm paying my nanny using childcare vouchers and I've just been sent my quarterly tax summary, with an amount of money owing to HMRC. Can I pay that using childcare vouchers too?

NickNacks Wed 12-Oct-16 22:33:47

Erm no they won't have a registered ofsted number.

JoJoSM2 Thu 13-Oct-16 21:37:05

Some nannies are ofsted registered and then you can put the vouchers towards paying them although not sure which bit specifically. If your nanny isn't registered yet, you could help her do it - not rocket science.

NickNacks Thu 13-Oct-16 21:38:57

The nanny must be registered as the OP is already paying her using them. She is questioning whether she can pay her HMRC bill with CC vouchers.

nannynick Thu 13-Oct-16 21:45:09

No you cannot pay HMRC using childcare vouchers. HMRC like a debit card or bank transfer.

As part of designing the new scheme, Tax-Free Childcare, the ability for nanny employers to pay HMRC from the money in the childcare account has been raised, it will hopefully be possible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now