Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Charity gift aid subscription forms

(8 Posts)
PassiveAgressiveQueen Tue 11-Oct-16 21:20:25

I have taken over being treasurer for a local group, i have a pile of gift aid forms and have no idea what to do with them. I have had them to long to ask the prev treasurer please HELP

MyPatronusIsABadger Thu 13-Oct-16 14:53:21

Is it that people have signed forms to say they pay tax or the forms day they are e.g. gifting the money earned from a cake you sell on a stall?

User568945 Fri 14-Oct-16 09:31:23

Does the local group claim Gift Aid online now? I think if you claim online, you only need to keep the original forms for "record purposes". Check the Charity Commission website, perhaps?

PassiveAgressiveQueen Sun 16-Oct-16 01:03:51

Yes they are a pile of signed forms, subscriptions

BigGreenOlives Sun 16-Oct-16 07:40:39

I think you need to check whether the members are giving a small subscription & then a donation. I don't think you can claim Gift Aid on a subscription.

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Sun 16-Oct-16 07:47:02

Our Scout group claims it on subs, so maybe it depends what sort of group it is. I'm not the treasurer, but am on the committee, I get the impression there are a lot of rules surrounding it, eg in our case it's parents paying it, if one parent signs the gift aid form but the other parent pays, then you can't claim. Go very carefully.

Starman16 Sun 16-Oct-16 07:55:36

This should help, and includes the link to claim online www.gov.uk/claim-gift-aid/overview

MyPatronusIsABadger Mon 17-Oct-16 10:18:57

I thought you couldn't claim gift aid on something you made an entrance fee/subscription. I do gift aid for my church and wi,so church donations I claim, membership fees for WI I don't.
You can claim for donations to a table top sale or suggested donations for things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now