Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Legal cover you can add on to car insurance

(6 Posts)
LowMaintenance101 Mon 10-Oct-16 22:26:37

Just wondering if anyone knows...
I have just bought car insurance and included the optional legal cover.
I also need to move house insurance. Should I buy the legal cover again or is it one and the same thing?

Lexilooo Mon 10-Oct-16 22:57:41

Legal cover with home insurance is more useful as it will cover all matters not just car accidents so I would take the cover with your home insurance and not bother with the cover on the car insurance.

Of course you may also have legal cover with union membership.

neonrainbow Mon 10-Oct-16 23:00:45

Get the home insurance one it tends to be more useful. Doesnt hurt to have the car one but it generally will only deal with car related matters.

LowMaintenance101 Mon 10-Oct-16 23:17:52

Thanks for the reply.
I just wondered with both descriptions including employment issues. Just made me wonder if they were a generic policy.

user1474217141 Mon 10-Oct-16 23:29:05

Work in insurance, the legal cover for motor will only cover you for certain things (ie getting costs back from other party, uninsured losses)

The home legal will cover different things (ie dodgy workman, personal injury, employment contracts, disputes with neighbours, deffence of legal rights)

LowMaintenance101 Tue 11-Oct-16 01:55:47

Thanks for the confirmation user.
I will add it on. Was just looking to save the £30 😊

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now