Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Setting up account for baby

(6 Posts)
Cinnamon84 Sun 09-Oct-16 10:32:53

I want to set up a savings account for my 8 week old son, I thought my partner and I could both put in maybe £10 a month.
Has anyone done this before and know which banks offer the best interest etc?

Bibs2014 Sun 09-Oct-16 10:36:45

I have the Halifax Young Saver account for my son.

user1468321775 Mon 10-Oct-16 07:40:01

It depends on whether you want to access the money or not. I have a Halifax Young Saver for my son which you can access - although you don't get a card to withdraw. He's also very fortunate to have a Clydesdale ISA too, set up by grandparents, but it doesn't mature till he's 10

Sarahwoods2000 Mon 10-Oct-16 07:45:23

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

melibu84 Wed 12-Oct-16 18:04:55

We set up accounts with Halifax too, they had by far the best interest rate. I am the only one who can withdraw from it, so when our DS is older, he can't go crazy with the savings smile

BumWad Sun 16-Oct-16 13:35:05

I think the Halifax Young Saver has the best interest rate the last time I checked on money saving expert.

But I just opened a Natwest one for ease as it's connected to my account when I do online banking etc. I opened an account for DS when he was around 4 months old we put in £45 a month and all gift money.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now