Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Execution only stockbrokers

(6 Posts)
onewhoassociates Sat 08-Oct-16 11:42:02

After a bit of advice re: the above.

I've been looking for brokers that do the above, but I haven't really been able to definitively discern whether they are execution only.

Also, can they buy any shares in UK/US/anywhere?

Can you invest this in an ISA? How exactly does it work (the mechanics of the investment)?

Many thanks for any advice

listsandbudgets Sun 09-Oct-16 07:52:21

I think you'd need to talk to individual stock brokers.

Most of them will offer a variety of execution only and managed investments.

We've got an execution only ISA with Charles Stanley so you could try them. I think they can buy shares from other markets but generally I stick to UK.

onewhoassociates Tue 11-Oct-16 10:10:10

Can these people invest in any UK stock?

listsandbudgets Tue 11-Oct-16 14:59:29

I think so. I think DP has invested on AIM as well as the normal markets. As I say its best to phone them up a few brokers and ask.

SvartePetter Wed 12-Oct-16 22:13:10

Most uk retail brokers are execution only in that they will not advise you on the investment, you decide what you want to invest in yourself as opposed to wealth managers. You can have a stock and shares USA which is tax free up to 15 k per year. The countries you can invest in depends on the broker and what they offer in terms of markets. Which brokers are you looking at?

onewhoassociates Thu 13-Oct-16 10:33:12

Basically the list from this website: www.money.co.uk/share-dealing/execution-only-share-dealing.htm

But basically IG, Barclays, Hargreaves-Lansdown, TD.

It's the penultimate sentence that is what I'm after - do you just go and ask the companies? How do you find out that information?

Many thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now