Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Will my partner get paid?? It's not his fault he's off.

(7 Posts)
Nikki2ol6 Tue 04-Oct-16 08:49:16

My panther works for a very small company of a few men who work in partners. My partners partner has a family bereavement so the boss called my partner and told him he's off the rest of the week. We are in the middle of moving house and paying two rents this month, does anyone know if my partner will still get paid?

Shesgotelectricboobs Tue 04-Oct-16 09:06:23

Could he not work with anyone else? What happens when they take holidays?

Nikki2ol6 Tue 04-Oct-16 09:21:47

He gets paid for holidays but he's taken those this year. And no the vans are only 2 seats

atticusclaw2 Tue 04-Oct-16 09:23:14

If its a removal firm they generally operate a stand down system. The teams are stood down when there is no work but they then bank the hours and have to make them up elsewhere.

Lexilooo Tue 04-Oct-16 09:25:39

Depends what his contract says

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Tue 04-Oct-16 09:40:07

Sorry, I'm still chuckling at the thought of your panther driving a van grin.

But no, it does seem a very unfair system if DP has no control over the situation. Can he ask one of his other colleagues? Preferably not the one who has suffered the bereavement, as they may sound as though he's complaining about it.

fittedcupboard Tue 04-Oct-16 11:52:54

What does his contract say? If he signed a contract saying they can stand him down with no pay, he won't be paid. If not, he should be paid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now