Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Which? mortgage advisors

(4 Posts)
blackgoat Mon 03-Oct-16 14:35:25

Does anyone have any experience with Which? mortgage advisors? We are looking to remortgage soon and a friend of mine said they are brilliant but they charge almost £500. From what I remember we paid about £150 to our local mortgage advisor two years ago. Are they really that good? I also hear they give £100 vouchers to those you refer and are referred. Anyone know where these can be used? Thanks!

redmapleleaves1 Tue 04-Oct-16 18:45:29

I used them a year ago, they were excellent for me. I had non standard case, fixed term contract, returning to uk from abroad, divorce. They searched whole market, liaised with different lenders re whether they would take my situation, and came up with the only one who would. They also came back to me a week before it went through with a better deal from the same lender which saved me thousands. They made a very stressful situation so much better. I got John Lewis vouchers, but don't know I'd that is still the case.

blackgoat Tue 04-Oct-16 23:50:58

Thanks for your response that's very helpful!

CotswoldStrife Tue 04-Oct-16 23:55:49

A local broker got us a better deal than Which suggested. We had the initial (free) appointment and had to wait quite a while for that! We were expecting great things from them so were a bit surprised when the broker came up with a much better offer for us.

As we were older borrowers, we had a fair idea that we'd be looking at a shorter mortgage term but the broker helped with that as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now