Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Hpi check on car

(3 Posts)
Justsadtoday Mon 26-Sep-16 16:13:48

Had a very stressful day, (for me!). I have started another thread in chat but I wanted some confirmation about a separate issue. I was very keen to buy a vehicle. Beautiful, full service history and well looked after and costing the best part of nine grand. In principle the sale was agreed and I was going to exchange money and get vehicle tomorrow. I ran a credit check on the car today and there was finance outstanding on it. I rang the finance company and they told me they couldn't agree the sale and if I bought the vehicle the liability would be with me if the credit agreement was broken. He would have known that wouldn't he? He's just emailed me and I don't want to open it. I just feel really angry.

cozietoesie Mon 26-Sep-16 16:29:21

I'm not surprised you're angry. Look on the bright side though - you still have the money to buy a car and now you can buy a proper one.

Justsadtoday Mon 26-Sep-16 16:32:54

I don't think I'll do a private sale again. It's way too stressful. Lesson learnt, if it's too good to be true, it probably isn't true. What a snake!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now