Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Maternity pay schedule

(6 Posts)
fruityb Fri 23-Sep-16 23:20:04

I was given a letter at work in June acknowledging my maternity leave and told in there I would get a pay schedule so I would know how much I would be getting each month. I asked about this before summer holidays (I'm a teacher) and was told pay section dealt with it and I would receive it before my leave started in mid August. I chased again a fortnight ago and was told she'd chased it with pay section but again I had to wait for them. Asked again this week and was told the same.

Apparently though this is an entitlement I'm not getting and I absolutely should have according to some. Can anyone shed any light on this? I'm feeling very fobbed off by hr at school and am in limbo as I don't know how much I'll be getting paid and therefore can't budget easily or make an informed decision about when to return to work.

Should I have this?

Foxsox Fri 23-Sep-16 23:28:42

I haven't received a pay schedule but if you look at your maternity information pack you should be able to work out what you are getting.
If I remember correctly it's something like 100% for 4weeks 90% for 2 weeks, then 1/2 pay plus SMP. (So half your monthly salary plus Roughly £500) for 12 weeks and then SMP (roughly £500) for 21 weeks.
Hope this helps

fruityb Sat 24-Sep-16 03:38:24

I can work it out roughly but would be happier knowing. It's just annoying when they said I'd get one and now I'm getting fobbed off. I haven't even been sent my pay slips!

thenewaveragebear1983 Sat 24-Sep-16 04:34:16

Contact them/ payroll department and tell them that as you are still an employee it is discriminatory not to provide you with payslips as they do for non-pregnant employees. I don't know if they have to provide you with the actual figures for what you will earn but you can work that out- they should have provided you with a statement that says when you are due back, and details the maternity pay deal you requested.

Justwondering79 Sat 24-Sep-16 11:19:22

I'm a teacher and I didn't get a breakdown in advance. I just worked it out for myself using an online pay calculator?

thenewaveragebear1983 Sat 24-Sep-16 19:18:27

Your payroll department or hr should send you a copy of the agreement you make with them when you send your matb1 at 20ish weeks. It should say your expected date of delivery, the date you plan to start your maternity leave and your expected date of return. It will also confirm the agreement you have made with them with regards to your maternity leave-,usually there are 3 options. 1. Their enhanced maternity pay, whatever that may be; 2. I don't plan to return ( and will just receive smp); or 3. I may return so will receive the enhanced maternity pay once I have returned to work for xx weeks. You can then use online info to work out your 6 weeks/ 33 weeks/ 13 weeks breakdown of pay.
Most companies are ridiculously poor at this. They should also give you their maternity policy which outlines your rights regarding redundancy, promotion and kit days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now