Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Housewives? Have you made any extra income and how?

(3 Posts)
rackhampearl Tue 13-Sep-16 09:52:20

Hi all,
Situation is. DH is in a very good job so since we made our two LO we mutually agreed for him to be the breadwinner and me to look after the children until they were ready for school. Initially I was upset as I wanted to go back to work after maternity but we didn't like the idea of leaving babies at nurseries or with a stranger (I was abused in childcare) So we came to the agreement and that was that. DD1 is 4 and DD2 is 1 and we are stopping with that. We are happy with our girls. 4 years is a long time for me not to work. I've always sold things on eBay, done carboots ect. Just wondering if any of you did anything while you were out of work to bring in some extra income? Just to get some personal spends. To treat DH and such.

darthpaul Tue 13-Sep-16 09:58:47

Yes but it was a bit obscure. I got really into slings with DS1, so qualified as a sling instructor/baby wearing consultant on a short course then ran workshops and 1-1 consultations on Thursday mornings when my mum always visited, so she watched the DCs. It was more hassle than it was worth for the money though because i actually hated charging and ended up pricing it to only cover my costs and make barely any profit!

rackhampearl Tue 13-Sep-16 10:22:11

That sound so cool darthpaul...
Very bohemian lol. But yes I can imagine it not making much money. I'm so stuck for ideas now. Guess I'll have to continue with eBay till DD2 is at school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now