Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Moving North

(6 Posts)
Jordanjh Mon 12-Sep-16 17:09:28

Hello

Looking for areas in Manchester or most likely Leeds to raise our child but also has bars and restaurants, a bit of life. We will be moving from London

Thanks

J

Jordanjh Mon 12-Sep-16 17:10:32

Oh and good transport links!

BarbaraofSeville Tue 13-Sep-16 10:59:07

The most favoured places in Leeds are to the north - Horsforth, Chapel Allerton and Headingley/Meanwood. However, I think there are shortages with school places if that's an issue.

Where will you be working? While north Leeds is favoured, all the motorways are to the south of the city, making access slow at rush hour. it is also difficult/crowded to get into the city centre at rush hour.

I will assume that if you are moving from London, you have a healthy budget so can live more or less wherever you like in Leeds or Manchester?

theknackster Tue 13-Sep-16 11:08:31

For Manchester, I guess you have Didsbury, Chorlton, Hale/Altrincham. The latter is in Trafford (for schools) and good access to the tram/train/motorway/airport.

Hoppinggreen Tue 13-Sep-16 17:10:51

How about Huddersfield ( HD3)
Halfway between Leeds and Manchester so you can get to both easily.

Hoppinggreen Tue 13-Sep-16 17:11:40

There's a very good Private school nearby too if that's a requirement

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now