Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Boring insurance question...

(3 Posts)
oxcat1 Sun 11-Sep-16 18:13:53

I am currently living in a privately-rented house, and my contents have been uninsured for the last few months since exDH sent me a message to say he was no longer paying the premiums. I know I should have sorted it earlier, but I haven't.

I am now moving house at the end of the month, and I would like my contents to be covered in case of damage during the move. Does anybody know whether I can just take out a standard home contents insurance policy online, in my current address? If so, would that cover moving costs? Alternatively, should I be taking the policy in the new address, although I am not yet resident there? Thanks

annielostit Mon 12-Sep-16 09:21:40

Try here.

annielostit Mon 12-Sep-16 09:22:56

For information purposes only.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now