Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

PPI Claim Companies

(8 Posts)
Shitonyoursofa Wed 07-Sep-16 13:58:16

Can anyone recommend a PPI claim company please? I'm aware I can do it myself, but I've had so many loans and credit cards with different companies over the years I am more than happy to pay a company to do the legwork for me! I'm thinking of using Moneyback PPI (Valley Claims Management Ltd) so if anyone has any particular views on them I'd be really grateful.

Thank you!

Drowzeee Wed 07-Sep-16 14:48:52

The company won't really do any legwork for you though, you still have to provide them with the information of your loans/credit cards etc, they just then write to the Companies on your behalf.

SunnyBanker Wed 07-Sep-16 19:06:02

Please, please don't.

The sum total a PPI company does for you is to press the print button on the standard-worded template letter and send it for you.

YOU need to give them details of loans/cards etc and source these from your providers if you don't know.

You will end up paying them 30-50% of your settlement for nothing. Visit Money Saving Expert, print your own templated letter and save yourself a fortune.

Grumpyoldblonde Thu 08-Sep-16 11:02:10

Agree with the others, they don't do anything for you that you can't do yourself, I claimed back nearly £20k for the price of a few stamps. They have no inside information, there is no 'database' so please, write your own letters, it will take no effort.

LittleMissMel79 Sat 10-Sep-16 04:37:51

I have no idea where to start with this. I had a store card with Dorothy Perkins, paid off and closed down for over 10 years now, but can remember the payments made were to G E Capital. However, I have no account number or paperwork. Any ideas what course of action, if any, is best please. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks🙂

WhateverWillBe Sat 10-Sep-16 08:33:40

Have a look at Martin Lewis (MSE) - there are templated letters, and I think an explanation of what to do if you don't have account nums etc.

LittleMissMel79 Sat 10-Sep-16 14:00:37

Thank you🙂

lookatmenow Fri 10-Feb-17 13:25:01

We went with a company and all we did was write down who we think we had loans/cards etc with and address and previous address - THAT's IT

They are doing ALL the legwork, we don't need to find any info, they have sorted it all out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now