Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Tax credits on line

(7 Posts)
howes68 Tue 06-Sep-16 21:29:06

Last week the tax credit payments stopped , being going on line to see when new payments will start , daughter has turned 16, no new payments or dates are showing , my daughters name is not showing up , anyone else having this problem ???

onadifferentplanet Tue 06-Sep-16 21:36:25

Have you informed them that your dd is staying in full time education?

twofloorsup Tue 06-Sep-16 21:37:06

Has she left school ?
If so you'll have to ring them if she's staying in full time education.
If she's not they will stop.
I had to ring every September til my son left college and then they stopped.

Stoneagemum Tue 06-Sep-16 21:37:47

They reduced mine to 1 child only this payment as my eldest is 16, I called the helpline and was greeted by a recorded message saying if your payments have reduced or stopped and you have told us that your child is remaining in education you will get a revised notice and your payments will be back dated, you do not need to speak to us. If your call is not regarding this please press......

My reckoning is they have cocked up (quell surprise!) so we all have to suffer whilst they fix it as per usual.

howes68 Tue 06-Sep-16 22:26:26

I did inform that she will be going to collage , just confused with the on line tax credit , my daughter name doesn't appear on it , but I have an option to add her for some reason , I get a message when I log in saying , if you have told us that child is staying in education , you will not see your child on your account and the amount showing may have changed , well neither shows up , so when I click on who is claim , just my name shows up , then I click on view and change details , do that my details show up , and under children it says there are no children on this claim , I click on add your child claim and my daughters name comes up , all so bloody confusing hmm

Stoneagemum Fri 09-Sep-16 08:15:00

I had a random payment yesterday, hopefully that means they have fixed the cock up and we should get our new award letters and regular payments for the correct amount back soon.

DiegeticMuch Fri 09-Sep-16 20:55:46

I'm hearing that the problem is fixed and that claimants' missing money will be scheduled into the year's remaining payments.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now