Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Advice please!

(3 Posts)
cazzymog Mon 05-Sep-16 19:33:42

Hello all. I am looking for anyone that might have some advice for me on my current situation. My daughter has just left education so I am no longer entitled to any financial support. i am a single mum and my daughter is now working on a zero contract with currently working approx 16 hours a week at minimum wage. I work full time in a school so only paid term time. ( though works out similar to someone on 52 weeks minimum wage) I can just about mange my bills,but will have nothing left for food etc. I am not entitled to any HB or CT relief or Working tax credit,as I am now classed as a single person,yet my daughter is not entitled to support as she lives with her parent! I know I need to help myself and have applied for evening jobs to supplement my income and my daughter is trying to find more hours,I am just frustrated that despite working full time I can not manage! Would it be any help if she was a joint tenant with me? You certainly can't afford to be a teaching assistant and be the main wage earner!! Thanks on advance for any advice.

19lottie82 Tue 06-Sep-16 11:15:22

How much is your daughter contributing to the household bills?

Is she in the retail sector? Will there be more hours avaliable as Christmas approaches?

19lottie82 Tue 06-Sep-16 11:17:17

Can you look for another FT job with a higher wage?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now